Creative Inspiration Moodboard: Seaside
This month, we’re thinking ahead to adventures by the sea, and taking the seaside as inspiration!
While some of these creative prompts are definitely coastal, if you’re pretty land-locked, adapt them to your local stretch of water; a lake, river or pond.
We’ll announce the actual kit later this month, but for now, pop on your comfy shoes and don your favourite sun hat, we’re heading to the ocean.
You can download a higher resolution version of the moodboard (for personal use) here: Seaside Moodboard
Here’s our Top 5 Creative Prompts for this theme
Choose one or two to try, or let these nudges inspire other creative ideas for you –
- Being by the sea brings all kinds of sights unique to the coastline; think fishing baskets, worn wooden boats, plastic buoys. How can you use these as inspiration? Do you want to capture the texture and worn paintwork of the boats? Do the bobbing orange buoys against the blue water inspire a colour palette for you? Do the shapes inspire you?
- Oh I do like to be beside a seaside… hut! The uniformity, irregularity and character of a row of little seaside huts makes them a great resource to draw, or – in their pretty primary or pastel shades – to take colour inspiration from. If you don’t have any near you, try a little online research.
- Who’s not partial to a little beachcombing? Look out for pebbles you love, little seashells or driftwood, or if you’re near a piece of Jurassic coastline, fossils! Photograph or sketch what you find to inspire your next project.
- Take some online inspiration from vintage travel posters – do the colour palettes, simplistic lines or fonts give you ideas for your favourite craft? (We’ve recently discovered the work of illustrator Henry Rivers and have been drooling over his modern take on the traditional posters!)
- Have a good look at a stretch of water and how the ripples of wind create different textures and colours across the top. Could this inspire a woven hanging piece or abstract painting?
I hope you have fun with these!
We’ll be sharing exactly what the next (seaside-inspired) craft kit will be soon. If you’d like to know as soon as we announce it – and open doors for new subscribers – you’ll find more information below.
Come and join Craftiosity!
Each month, we design a limited edition craft kit for you.
Beautifully packaged, your box will arrive full of inspiration and all the materials, tools and instructions to make a complete project.
This month’s project is to make reusable Beeswax Wraps & a Bee-themed Embroidered Cotton Bag.
Your kit includes everything you need for the project; you’ll just need an iron, scissors and an old towel or sheet (to protect your ironing board).
Ready to come on a creative adventure?
£24.95 | Free UK Delivery | Cancel Anytime
Orders for our next box close on 31 July 2020 in:
This kit will be posted on Friday 14 August.
Looking for a present? See our Gift Voucher options here.