Inspiration Moodboard: The Farmers Market
Can you resist a farmers market?
I always want to see everything, smell everything, and come home with a few precious brown paper bags offering up unusual apple varieties, tall flowers and a freshly baked loaf of bread that could be sculptural.
This month, we’re taking inspiration from Farmers Markets. We’ll be announcing the actual kit soon – but in the meantime, here’s some creative prompts to inspire you…
- Look for beautiful, unusual flowers that you could draw. One of our favourite drawing methods is to look at the flowers, and let your pencil wander across the paper, creating the lines that you see – but without actually looking at the paper itself! This can often create unexpectedly beautiful, flowing pieces, or inspiration for an abstract piece of art or sculpture.
- What colours and textures inspire you? Do you see combinations that you love and would like to recreate in your next project?
- Use the packaging you bring home to create a collage – think brown paper, thin wooden tubs for fruit, interesting logos or writing.
- Get creative in the kitchen! Find an ingredient you’re curious about, then look for a recipe you can try with it.
- Buy some flower stems for yourself. Let yourself be drawn to a few with interesting shapes, then have fun arranging them in a vase. We loved learning about the Japanese art of Ikebana or Kado in the BBC4 documentary series, The Art of Japanese Life.
You can download the moodboard (for personal use) here: The Farmers Market Moodboard.
Come and join Craftiosity!
Each month, we design a limited edition craft kit for you. It could be macrame, ceramics, book-binding – or something completely different!
Beautifully packaged, your box will arrive full of inspiration and all the materials, tools and instructions to make a complete project.
Inspired by Ordnance Survey maps, this month’s project involves building up these two A5, 3D Topographic Pinboards out of cork, ready to add your inspiration to.
Ready to come on a creative adventure?
£24.95 | Free UK Delivery | Cancel Anytime
Orders for our next box close on 31 July 2021 in:
The next subscription box will be posted on Monday 16th August.
Looking for a present for your favourite crafter? See our Gifting options here.