Inspiration Moodboard: Geo Scandi Design
For our September 2019 moodboard, we’re taking inspiration from geometrics and the Geo Scandi interior design trend.
We’ll own up… we’re a little partial to the clean design aesthetic of Scandinavian architecture and interiors, and the use of wood, textiles and plants to soften a space. (I might have just described my living room!)
Here’s some creative prompts to get you started…
- Scandinavian style is all about simplicity and minimalism, with less always being more. Next time you’re working on the design for a new craft project, experiment with keeping it super simple and see if you like this approach!
- Geometric designs usually have an element of repetition and symmetry in them; can you incorporate this in your next project to create something simple yet impactful?
- One thing that runs through geo scandi design is monochrome or tonal similarity; black and white typographic prints and homewares compliment this elegant approach. How could you use this in your next project for a super chic look?
- Pay close attention to shape; with scandi style there’s lots of simple, clean shapes – one of the things that make it so effective. Zig zags, stripes or squares are used to make bold statements – perhaps you could incorporate these in your next crochet or knitting project.
- A key element of Scandinavian style is bringing the outdoors in. Whether it’s house plants trailing from macrame plant hangers, or nature inspired line drawings and artwork, you’ll find it all in a scandi style home. Could base your next project on your favourite plant or outdoor space?
You can download this moodboard (for personal use) here: Geo Scandi Moodboard
This moodboard was for our Latch Hook Rug craft kit. Orders for this kit have now closed, but read on to learn more about subscribing and joining us for future kits.
Come and join Craftiosity!
Each month, we design a limited edition craft kit for you. It could be macrame, ceramics, book-binding – or something completely different!
Beautifully packaged, your box will arrive full of inspiration and all the materials, tools and instructions to make a complete project.
This month’s project is to make a Stitched Shibori Tea Towel, perfect to brighten up drying the dishes!
Shibori is the Japanese art of binding or stitching an item of fabric then dyeing it to create beautiful and unusual patterns.
Your kit includes everything you need for the project; you’ll just need scissors, a basin or bucket, and a measuring jug.
Ready to come on a creative adventure?
£22.95 | Free UK Delivery | Cancel Anytime
Orders for our next box close on 31 January 2020 in:
This kit will be posted on Friday 14 February.
Looking for a present? See our Gift Voucher options here.