Inspiration Moodboard: Gathering Together
Autumn gives us all the warm and fuzzy feels; cosy nights, candlelight, open fires and those lovely crisp mornings. This beautiful transitional season brings with it the reminder to slow down and rest after the fast-paced summer months. It’s a time to gather together with friends and loved ones, and enjoy the magic that the season brings.
On top of this, it’s a wonderful time to let your creativity take you down a new path. So this month we’re exploring the different elements of the season, and looking at how getting together, with nature and with loved ones, can inspire our work…
Here’s our top creative prompts for this theme:
- Autumn brings a whole new colour palette; see you how you can use these new deep and golden tones within your current project to add depth and a new direction. We love deep forest greens, burnt oranges and splashes of gold and bronze.
- Take a walk and see what you find when exploring the great outdoors. Whether it’s leaves or berries, twigs or conkers, take photos or forage sustainably and use these to inspire your work. You might even like to use what you’ve collected to create your own Autumnal collage, and display it somewhere in your home for the season.
- Spend the evening cosying up with your favourite craft. Autumn is all about slowing down, and sometimes the best thing to do is take it back to basics. There’s often nothing better than sitting on the sofa with your latest project and a cup of tea, whiling a few hours away…
- One of our favourite things about the autumn months is watching how nature changes. Be inspired by the random nature of the fallen leaves and the patterns they show, as well as the flecks of bark and moss you begin to find scattered around. How can you embrace this scattered imperfection within the project you’re working on? Maybe it’s following a less rigid design and being more abstract with your ideas.
- Last but absolutely not least; get together. Set up a hygge-lig evening with your friends; get the candles going, cook a warming meal, and encourage them to bring along something they might be working on. Coming together is a great way of sharing ideas and finding new inspiration!
You can download this moodboard (for personal use) here: Gathering Together
Come and join Craftiosity!
Each month, we design a limited edition craft kit for you.
It could be macrame, ceramics, book-binding – or something completely different!
Beautifully packaged, your box will arrive full of inspiration and all the materials, tools and instructions to make a complete project.
Ready to come on a creative adventure?
£24.95 | Free UK Delivery | Cancel Anytime
Orders for our next box close on 31 August 2020 in:
This kit will be posted on Monday 14th September.
Looking for a present? See our Gift Voucher options here.