We’re looking for a new member of our team… If this sounds like you, or someone you know, get in touch! The details for the role and how to apply are below.
We’re looking for a freelancer buyer to handle the sourcing and ensure smooth delivery of stock for our subscription boxes.
The role will involve taking the kit concept (working with our Kit Designer and our Director) to source the elements for each kit to a budget, problem solve solutions / alternatives, and ensure great communication with suppliers through to delivery.
We’re looking for someone who knows craft materials and has existing experience in handling complex logistics, but not necessarily direct experience in a ‘Buying’ role – transferable skills will be considered.
The role requires:
– Excellent attention to detail
– Highly organised way of working
– Problem solving
– Creative thinking
– Excellent working relationships
– An understanding of craft – e.g., where an ideal option isn’t available, to be able to think of alternatives.
It would suit someone who thrives on attention to detail, creative thinking, and enjoys building great relationships with the suppliers they work with.
The role involves:
– Taking a kit idea concept and sourcing the supplies for these components, to a budget.
– If it’s difficult to find components, making suggestions for alternatives.
– Getting samples to our Kit Developer to mock up the project.
– Confirming with suppliers the stock we’ll need them to hold.
– Confirming stock prior to the filming of the project.
– Giving final quantities to suppliers and ensuring delivery to our fulfilment centre.
– Creating the ‘pack list’ for our fulfilment centre.
– At all stages, trouble-shooting and finding solutions to any issues that come up.
This is a home-based, freelance role. It is a paid role, expected to be around 10 hours a month. Payment will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
To apply for the role:
Send your CV and a covering note outlining how your experience (logistics and with craft materials) makes you a good fit for the role.
Please use the subject line ‘Craftiosity Buyer’ and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 18 January, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of that week.
Come and join Craftiosity!
Each month, we design a limited edition craft kit for you. It could be macrame, ceramics, book-binding – or something completely different!
Beautifully packaged, your box will arrive full of inspiration and all the materials, tools and instructions to make a complete project.
For this month’s kit, we’re sharing an exciting new process (and one we’ve been asked for a number of times) – marbling! For this project, you’ll be adorning a marble design onto a modern candle holder – the perfect centrepiece for your dinner table or window ledge.
Ready to come on a creative adventure?
£24.95 | Free UK Delivery | Cancel Anytime
Orders for our next box close on 30 April 2021 in:
The next subscription box will be posted on Friday 14th May.
Looking for a present for your favorite crafter? See our Gifting options here.